EVER2016, April 6-8, 2016, Grimaldi Forum, Monaco
Call for Contributions to the Special Session on Offshore and Marine Renewable Energy: Conversion and Transmission
by Sara Armstrong (MaREI, University College Cork)
and Thibaut Kovaltchouk (G2Elab)
Thematic Areas: The proposed special session is an opportunity for researchers coming from academia or industry involved in the emerging field of marine energy conversion. Topics of interest of this special session include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative concepts, component and topologies for energy conversion from offshore natural resources, such as wind, waves, tides, thermal difference and salinity gradient, with special interest for hybrid solutions.
- Advanced control strategies ensuring increased power extraction and/or improvement in the power quality.
- Grid code compliance.
- Reliability, diagnostic and aging in offshore renewable energy conversion.
- Design and sizing of system or components.
- Farm layouts and AC or DC transmission schemes for offshore renewable energy farms.
- Energy storage solutions for offshore energy applications.
- Modeling to represent marine resources.
- Real case studies and contributions on the state of advancement of on-going projects.
- Life cycle analysis (economical and/or environmental).
- Social acceptance and maritime governance
Submission: Prospective authors are kindly invited to submit a comprehensive extended abstract of two to three A4 pages, written in English, one-column format, including author name(s), mailing address, and e-mail address. There is no specific template. Abstracts should be submitted directly to the special session organizers: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “EVER Submission” in the email subject line.
|Important Dates:||November 22, 2015||Abstract submission|
|December 20, 2015||Provisional Acceptance|
|January 17, 2016||Full paper submission|
|January 31, 2016||Final acceptance|